Monday, September 19, 2011

SPIBelt, Pumpkin Muffins, and Running . . .

It's been almost a month since I've taken time to post. The good thing is this time the lag is NOT because I've fallen off the eat-clean wagon. I've been sticking to it and doing great! I am seeing the fruit of my dedication (wearing size 6 pants--I couldn't wear a 6 when I was in the 6th grade!), and I am truly in lifestyle mode.



My work travel took a break for September, so I've been able to go to the Dekalb Farmer's Market more (LOVE THAT PLACE) so that I can have clean, fresh, ingredients for cooking.



Being home has also really helped me focus on getting in my training runs. The Savannah Rock n' Roll is coming up in a little over 6 weeks. I am so looking forward to hanging with Wifey (http://www.runwifeyrun.com/) and the Race & Relax Ladies. This running thing is still not my favorite (but I get energized by the challenge of it), but knowing there is a group of ladies working toward the same goal with a fun gathering ahead makes the running a great thing for me!



I just made some clean pumpkin muffins with ingredients from the Farmer's Market (I'm vowing to stay away from the Dunkin Donuts pumpkin muffins that contributed to a downward spiral toward pounds, pounds, pounds) and getting ready to go out for my 3 mi training run.



One of the biggest peeves of mine when I run is that my darn crack--ah, I mean blackberry is so big and just not easy to take with me. I want it with me for safety--not to check emails as I am usually caught doing, but it has not been practical.



WELL NOW IT IS! Thanks to Race & Relax and SPIBelt (Small Personal Item (http://www.spibelt.com/), I can have my blackberry and run too! It's actually in there and doesn't feel heavy or bulky! Sweet! Hmmm, I wonder if I could play tennis in it! Could use the lip balm on the courts in the winter!






Ooooh, the muffins just got out of the oven and couldn't help but share! I couldn't even wait for them to cool. YUMMY! Very Moist! Amazing what putting water in the oven does for the muffin's moisture. Hmmmm, mmm.







Okay, off I go to hit the pavement !



Have a great week!

1 comment:

Wifey said...

I'm late, but I love it! The SPIbelt is fab and I'm looking forward to Savannah, too!

Big fun ahead!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey