Saturday, October 8, 2011

Getting Stripped and Finding My Sweet Spot!

I say this all the time, but I can't believe it's mid-October already! Just 11 days ago I shared that I'm ready to get Stripped! The Stripped plan by my Tosca Reno is an excellent program and has really gotten me to really focus on my clean eating without compromise. The main thing is that it is forcing me to cook! Check out these clean dishes! I really have been enjoying them!

Okra sautéed dash coconut oil



Roasted Butternut Squash Curry and Balsamic Chicken Breasts



My Leek Adventure. I've never cooked leeks. I didn't really know what they were!


But now, I have made Leek Soup!





My schedule has still been a little hectic with trying to incorporate 3 tennis leagues, half-marathon training, and then my regular strength and cardio training. I'm seeing progress with physique changes, down to 22.7% Body Fat, and losing inches, but I am not satisfied with my gym effort when I'm not training with G. I MUST STEP IT UP!

There's nothing like a support network and challenge to give the extra push toward your goals. On Monday, a group of my women's tennis teammates started The Sweet Spot Fitness Challenge: Tennis Sisters Finding Our Health and Fitness Sweet Spots.

In tennis, the "sweet spot" of the racket is the ideal place to hit the ball, thus producing a nice solid shot. This is the mission of the 90 day challenge. Each participant set their own fitness goals, and not everyone has a goal to lose weight necessarily. The main objective is to develop a healthy lifestyle so that we can improve our well-being and our tennis games! Goal setting and journaling (with food diary) are essential parts of this challenge.

I am excited about working on finding my Fitness Sweet Spot. I want the ideal balance of diet, exercise, and rest. I know the proper balance will help me reach my goals! Here are my goals for the challenge:





  • 20% Body Fat


  • Increase muscle mass


I will reach my goals by:





  • Eating 100% clean, 6 1/2 days/week


  • Strength training 3 days/week


  • Performing intense cardio (non-tennis) 5 days/week


  • Sleeping 6 1/2-7 hours sleep 5 nights/week


I know with discipline and consistency, I will reach my goals and will get Stripped--Sweet!

No comments: