Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Exhausted, but Doing My Thing!

Okay, I know I've been talking about being busy and tired for quite some time now. But, I really am pooped. I am looking forward to next week and the following month when I can get a chance to settle down and get back to a more normal routine.

Although I am tired, I am not letting go of my health and fitness momentum. I can't let go because I refuse to keep trying to lose the same 20 lbs over and over again.

So, how am I doing my thing:

After I returned to California Sunday, I hit the gym for some cardio. Was I tired, yes. Am I glad I went? Oh yes!

Then last night, I had a flex league tennis match with my partner Reesey Cup. I had not been on the court or held a racket since WINNING (still super excited) the State Championship with my team. I'm not sure if it was fatigue or just dust from not playing for a week, but Reesey Cup and I found ourselves 1-6 at the end of the first set! Not good--we're State Champs for Heaven's Sake! LOL!

Instead of getting down on ourselves, we made some much needed adjustments (switched sides and slowed down the pace of the match) and pulled out the VICTORY ending the match at 1-6, 6-4, 6-4. I am so proud of us because we kept our heads and played smart tennis even with our opponents' (very skilled/experienced players) teammates in the background (we were on their home courts) doing some hardcore cheering for their teammates. Without eating clean and staying fit, battling it out in three sets may not have been as easy. I am finding that endurance plays a major role in tennis. Not having to focus on gathering energy to keep me in the match helps me to focus on the task at hand--winning the match! Sweet!

Then there was this morning. Back to my theme for the month--Shay Shay is tired! After three sets of intense tennis, I wasn't necessarily all that geared up for an 6 AM workout (plus 20 minute warm-up on top) with Anna Mae. But, I got up and out because I committed to be there. Shay Shay's word is my bond. Now that the workout is over, and I have had my egg whites on Flatout, I am glad I trained this morning.

So, here's to Doing My Thing! I must Keep the Momentum Going!

I am Shay Shay Fit!

P.S. I WILL get he pictures posted this week (if I keep saying it, maybe I'll do it.)

No comments: