Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shay Shay's Adventures in Travel--Pictures Finally

Finally, pictures from my Adventures in Travel!

The Family Circle Cup, Charleston, SC area--A great time in beautiful Charleston area and so much fun with my buddies Queen B and Reesey Cup. Ah, my tennis hero-Serena! And yep, I packed my snacks and carried my scale. I had to Keep the Momentum Going! I desire to be as fit as Serena!


Washington, DC--Hanging out in our Nations Capitol with clean eating convert and Sorority Pledge Sister-Braveheart and hanging with more Sorority Pledge Sisters at Dexterity Fashion Show produced by Sorority Pledge Sister Mortal Kombat in the center. Also pictured: Dessert Storm, Saved by the Belle, Mona Lisa, Pulp Fiction, and Golden Child. Check out my dress from Rose Couture in Riverdale (I blogged about my Post Fitter and Finer Challenge Shopping experience at Rose Couture back in April). Pulp Fiction was an awesome hostess, but she had WAY TOO MANY SNACKS! LOL! A Den of Sin and Temptation I called it. I enjoyed a few things, but I sure was glad the challenge was over!


Southern California--And here I am in beautiful Southern California: in front of John Wayne statute at John Wayne Airport in Orange County; chilling at the beach (boy was that water chilly); and in front of the FABULOUS Renaissance Club Sport Hotel. This hotel was off the chain! It had a full, state of the art gym with over 100 classes offered throughout the week--all free to hotel guests! What a concept?!? This was the PERFECT hotel for Shay Shay! I wish there was one in every city where I traveled! During my stay I took a Turbo Kick class (http://www.turbokick.com/). I've taken kickboxing before, but this was kickboxing x100! It was right up my alley because it combines dance and intense kickboxing. There was no getting bored in this class, and I SWEATED! Apparently you can burn up to 1000 calories in one hour, and I am a believer! I just love California! The state seems to make it so easy to be healthy. I stuck pretty close to eating clean while there although it was vacation. I now know that I don't have to blow my lifestyle just because I am away. Good to know because I'm traveling a lot these days and can't get too far off track!
Although I am quite tired, I sure have had a great time the last few weeks! Looking forward to more adventures!
P.S. I back-posted the pictures from the State Championship. See May 11, 2010.

No comments: