Thursday, September 2, 2010

So Wrong, but I KNOW I'm Right!

Whew, time is really flying! It's been about 10 days since I've blog. In the past this has meant that I was off plan, but this time I've just been really busy! I am DEFINITELY ON PLAN!

This past weekend I had family in town. It is always wonderful to have company, especially when they are awesome and easy guests! With company, however, comes food challenges. I am proud to say that I didn't not succumb to temptations. I cooked breakfast almost everyday, except one when we went to my favorite healthy options spot-Thumbs Up. We ate out during the day, but I was totally satisfied with tasty salads with chicken or salmon. I even cooked Sunday dinner and made sure I had plenty of clean options so that I could enjoy without feeling guilty or deprived. I even stayed away from the homemade bread and wonderful key lime pie--except for just a pinch of bread and a dab of pie from the serving knife during clean-up.

The biggest challenge for me was our cupcake adventure. We were in the mall and passed a cupcake shop. My family was intrigued. I said, "I don't know anything about this place, but if you want a cupcake I know where to go." So, we journeyed to cake heaven A Piece of Cake. This place makes some of the most delicious cakes (next to Mom and my buddy Gina) I've ever had! You walk in the shop and the smells of White Chocolate, Carmel, Red Velvet, and all sorts of other flavors hit you right in the nose. BAM!

I walked out of there without a cupcake. My family got a half dozen. I managed to even avoid them once we got home. Truthfully, I wasn't even tempted to taste one. I know I'm focused now!

Well, the folks at Piece of Cake must have spies who witnessed my triumph over the Cupcake Temptation. Tuesday in my email box pops an email that says, "Swimsuit Season is Over; Slip into a Delicious Piece of Cake" from no other than Piece of Cake!

How funny is that?!?!?!? It's like they KNOW I passed on their tasty cupcakes! How wrong is that?!?!!

VERY WRONG! But, I know I was RIGHT to pass on the cupcakes. I have a goal to reach, and I'm determined to reach it!

Besides, I have asked Gina for a Red Velvet Birthday Cake in a couple months. I can surely wait until then--especially because by then, I will be AT GOAL!

So, whatever Piece of Cake! I'm NOT FALLING FOR IT--at least for right now. I'll have my chance to indulge in one of your cakes one day. When I do-I would have earned it, and I will enjoy it!

No comments: