Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What's Been Going On, Shay Shay!?!?!

Wow, it has been three weeks since my last post. Time is flying! I can't believe we're approaching the end of January. Hmmm, so what have I've been up to lately? Well, I was stuck in the house for about 4 days after a major winter ice storm hit Atlanta. The city was caught unprepared. There was no way I was going to get on those roads, and cabin fever was not in my vocabulary (see the picture of the view from my front door). I had plenty to do for work (thank goodness for VPN!) and around the house. I had plenty whole wheat bread, eggs and beans (with a can of crushed tomatoes--I had chili!), so I was good food. It may have not been ideal, but I did okay being stuck in the house. I'm watching then news of snowstorms in the North. I'm so looking forward to a little sun and high 50s/low 60s temperatures this weekend!

Speaking of plenty to do at work: work is busy and challenging. For this I am thankful and know that I am blessed.

Despite cold temperatures, tennis is still going. The McGhee Super Slammers clinched the division at 3.5 last week. Play-offs this week. Go McGhee!

The bad weather and some work travel put training hold, but I got back to it this week. I had two great sessions this week. My trainer and I set some goals and established a plan. I know I can do this!

Well, time to get my day started!

No comments: