Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're Going to Round 2 and Shay Shay's Feeling Great!

The McGhee Super Slammers are going to Round 2 of the USTA 3.5 (yep, we're playing at a higher level!) Play-offs! I am so proud of the fight in my team. It was a TOUGH day (but GORGEOUS!)--probably the toughest day we've had all season. Personally, I stepped out of my comfort zone and played the forehand side. I hate that I did not pause, think through my strokes, and follow-through. It was not very pretty, but my partner and I re-grouped, switched sides, and played well in the 2nd set and took it to a third. Although we didn't pull out the 3rd set victory, we fought to the end coming up short 4-6. The fact that I can write this and look ahead with positive feelings about the future of my forehand play means I have grown. :-) I will say that my serve, volleys, and backhand were popping! I need to work on the forehand and doing a better job of stepping back and to the side on overheads. It's all about consistency and smart play right now!

I have been cleaning up the eating, and I'm feeling good about it. Without TMI, I'll say that my system is feeling better too. This is when I know things are working well internally, which will lead to good results externally (smile).

Anyhoo, it's another beautiful, warm day in The A. Going out to run some bleachers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a great day yesterday! Round two here we come!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey