Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's Cooking Shay Shay? Fish and Fresh Roasted Green Beans

Every since I was a little girl, I loved fresh fish! Growing up near the waters of the beautiful Commonwealth of Virginia, there was no shortage of fish on our dinner table (and yes, my family COOKED and we ATE TOGETHER MOST NIGHTS!)

While I am a little land locked in Atlanta, I still love to sit down and enjoy a nice fish lunch or dinner.  With my endeavor toward a lean, tight, muscular physique, I am cooking lots more fish: tilapia, orange roughy, and salmon are my favorites!

Here is a recipe for white fish like tilapia or orange roughy that I have recently thoroughly enjoy. I played with these spices I tend to enjoy in various dishes.  This turned out much better than I expected.

SEASONED WHITE FISH
Preheat oven at 425 degrees

  • 8-10 fillets of white fish
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning 
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • Dash of sea salt and pepper to taste
  • Spray a gallon storage bag with cooking spray
  • Add fish and seasonings to the bag and toss until fish is  thoroughly coated
Tossed and Fully Coated
Ready for the oven




  • Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread fish evenly on a the sheet.


  • Cook for 15 minutes/until fish is at desired flakiness


FRESH ROASTED GREEN BEANS

Done:  Seasoned Tilapia and Fresh Roasted Green Beans
Preheat oven at 425 degrees 
  • Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
  • Garden fresh green beans (about 2 pints or 4 handfuls)
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons rosemary
  • Dash of sea salt and pepper to taste
  • Put all the ingredients on the baking sheet, spray beans with cooking spray and toss/stir until green beans are coated
  • Roast beans until slightly tender/until desired tenderness reached 

No comments: