Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh No! My Water (Jug) Broke!

It is well known by my family, friends, and colleagues that I am a firm believer in sufficient water intake (at least 80 oz a day) and am not ashamed to carry a 50+ oz mug or jug around. The most notorious of my mugs is The 7-11 X-treme Gulp. If I had a dime for everyone that has said, "I hope that's water in there."

Yesterday, my new favorite jug--holds 64 oz with a sports cap, cracked. I know this doesn't sound like a huge deal, but my water intake is a serious thing! I typically fill my jug first thing in the morning--before my day gets too busy--and drink away all day (this is on top of the water I drink at the gym and for tennis and my 3 cups of green tea). Well, when my jug cracked, it was just before my day got crazy with back to back meetings. So, I didn't get a chance to fill my
X-treme Gulp.

The lack of sufficient water was evident! I felt hungry all day although I ate my regular meals. It had to be dehydration. I had clearly eaten enough for the day.

Today is a new day and I will be filling my X-treme Gulp as soon as I hit the office and will be picking up a replacement of my favorite jug today!

Have a great Hump Day! Drink up!

No comments: