Thursday, June 3, 2010

So What's Up with this Zumba?

For a few months Sweetie's Mom and my BFF Mona Lisa have been telling me about the great and pretty new to the US fitness craze- Zumba (it's been around since 2001)! Then every infomercial channel seems to have Zumba Dance videos in the rotation.

Shay Shay is always looking for ways to diversify my fitness portfolio, so I wanted to check out Zumba. As of yet, Zumba is not readily available in ATL (what's up?!), but thanks to the "what did we do before we had the" Internet, I found a couple instructors.

Today, I tried a class at The Latin American Association. The class was small (a slight let down becasue on TV there are tons of high energy folks in classes) with only three people . The teacher, however, was really good and conducted the class as if she had 20 people.

Zumba is not that different from the Latin Impact class I have taken at my home gym. I'm sure Latin Impact borrowed from it, but Zumba's move were more high energy. I was much more sweaty and felt like I exerted much more in Zumba.

So, I'll try Zumba again. I hope to find a class with a little more convenient location.

Time for me to get ready for bed. I have cycling tomorrow morning and a big weekend ahead (stay tuned).

I am Shay Shay Fit and Tired.

No comments: