Saturday, November 6, 2010

Brrr, It's Cold, but Daring to Be Different

Whew, it's COLD! I know everyone is posting updates about how cold it is in ATL right now. Why should I be different? Because I AM!

This week, Sweetie reminded me in his comments to my last post that I need to Dare to Be Different!

Yes, it's cold outside. But, I don't need to hibernate. I need to keep getting up and out to train, play tennis (10 AM match with Reesey Cup this morning-BRRR), and get more cardio!

Yes, this is the season of pumpkin, apples, spice, and everything nice. But, I don't have to indulge at EVERY opportunity I am presented with what I consider the BEST time of year for Treats!

Yes, the holidays are approaching. But I don't HAVE to resign myself to gaining 5-10 holiday pounds (like I have done in the past--ahem plus a few extra).

And even while I type, I am Daring to Be Different at least from my norm. I have had egg whites, and I have had oatmeal. But I have NEVER put them together. I've seen my trainer Anna Mae do it. I've looked at her breakfast with great wonder (LOL!). The wondering has ceased! With a dash of cinnamon, flaxseed, and some apple juice infused cranberries--this protein power packed oatmeal is not only great fuel but very comforting (and yes I'll venture to say tasty) on a chilly fall morning!

So, This Is It!

I AM Shay Shay! I am Daring to Be Different!

No comments: