Sunday, November 13, 2011

Savannah Rock n Roll/Race & Relax: My Recap-FINALLY!

Last week this time, I was returning home from one of the most incredible experiences I have had on this Journey to Lose Fat and Win! When I did the ING Georgia Half Marathon in 2009, I said that I had checked that off the list and I was done! Well, when Race & Relax/Savannah Rock & Roll popped on the scence, I couldn't resist. I had so much fun at my first Race & Relax in Atlanta, that I had to get on board with Race & Relax on the Road--EVEN IF IT WAS A HALF MARATHON and not a 5K event this time!

With an experience like I had in Savannah, I couldn't help but get hooked on this running experience! For me, running is one part fitness enhancing, one part social. I love the benefits of both--both pieces are extremely rewarding. Here is my pictorial recap.

Enjoy!

I sure did!
___________________________________________________________________

No road trip is complete without my healthy, clean snacks!











Wow, this race is popular! So many people-to RUN!




Just over this bridge is the race expo and my number!











Savannah really welcomed we Rock n Rollers with style. Thank you Savannah!




We Race & Relaxers enjoyed a wonderful pre-race meal at the Charter House and got a wonderful surprise--John "the Penguin" Bingham (http://www.waddle-on.com/). He was a great pre-race motivator! As The Penguin says "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." I agree!







RACE DAY--TIME TO ROCK n ROLL!


My day started at 3:30 AM to get ready and out to the starting line.





Thank goodness for VIP--It was cold out there! Thank you American Cancer Society!


Finally Daylight--Let the Race Begin!!





I RAN my 13.1 . . .



and I was still FLYING on my RUNNER'S HIGH!





Now, it was time to RELAX--in VIP with Race & Relax Organizer, running diva, and my tennis teammate Lorraine (www.runwifeyrun.com) !!!!




And more Relaxing--What a Gorgeous Table at The Pirate House! I had the catfish and grits! I can't wait to get into all my SWAG!







Shay Shay and my 2nd Race & Relax Trophy!


Ah, almost time to had back to the ATL but not before a delicious seafood meal on Tybee Island






These gators sure know how to RELAX!




Ah, the Tybee Island Beach--a nice scene after a long 13.1!




Back home--Look at ALL MY SWAG!! This makes 13.1 even MORE rewarding!





Thank you to all the wonderful sponsors who helped make this Race & Relax, Savannah Rock n Roll such a FABULOUS experience for me!







T from Racing With Babes who gave us race plans!



Hmmm, I guess after a two years of fighting it, I guess Shay Shay's a RUNNER now!




Thanksgiving Half Marathon here I come (with my Sweetie!)

No comments: