Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So I'm 35. Now What! A New Goal Perhaps?

I turned 35 a little over a week ago. I had my own little personal pep rally regarding my health and fitness successes so far. I am proud of what I've accomplished. Very proud. But, I am not done yet!

I've been maintaining a steady weight and shape for a few months now. Again, I am thrilled to be solidly in a size 6, but my physique is still not where I want. I'll admit that I have not been putting in the work to achieve the physique I want. No excuses. I just haven't.

NOW IS THE TIME!

I am setting sights on being a TIGHT, LEAN, and MUSCULAR 135 at 35!

Really, Shay Shay--135?

There is a funny thing about not knowing what you don't know. When I began this Journey to Lose Fat and Win, I set a goal of 143-145, Size 8. Low and behold I'm here, and I'm still not satisfied!

NOPE!

Back in 2007, I didn't know that with clean eating and hard work in the gym, I could wear a size 6. In 1999 when I achieved about 145 through a low-fat, portion control diet, size 8 was it. Size 6 was not in the cards at that time.

That was before I knew about clean eating and the real benefits of pumping iron.

One of the things that inspired me at Fitness America 2011 Weekend in Las Vegas was that almost all of the women who graced the stage were over 30--over 35 actually!

So at 35, I am more motivated to work toward a fitness level that I didn't achieve at 23-25!

What nerve, Shay Shay!

I'm putting my eating and workout plan together. This is "Day 2" (I'm chuckling a little; only my Sweetie will get this inside joke).

After 10 days of vacation and holiday, 2 days or strict clean eating and working out really make me feel good.

I'm giving myself 45 days to reach my goal.

Will this be a little harder with this being the holidays? YEP!

But, I know I can and WILL do it!

Let's go Shay Shay, Let's go!

In 45 days, I'll be chanting Way to go, Shay Shay! Way to go!

I no longer think that I don't have the genes or the discipline to reach the highest levels of health and fitness.

I know I can do it!

No comments: