Thursday, December 1, 2011

25 Days of Giving!

Wow, I can't believe that it's December already! 2011 is/has flown by big time!

With my birthday being just before Thanksgiving, the time between my birthday and New Year's always seems to go by faster than the rest of the year!


And of course this is also the time of year when when many of us on the journey toward better health and fitness--including me--let our guards down.

Well not this holiday season Shay Shay!

I have been seeing lots of celebrity personalities having 12 or 25 days of Christmas giveaways. I have decided to jump on the bandwagon (and NOT FALL OFF the wagon) with 25 days of Health and Fitness for Shay Shay!

Starting today until Christmas Day I am going to give myself something extra that will promote my goal of achieving optimal health and fitness.

Day 1: Today I gave myself a new wardrobe. Well not really. I didn't go shopping, but I did do some reorganizing of my closet and dresser drawers. So how does this promote better health and fitness?

For me, when things are organized my mind is clearer. My stress level is lowered. And my morning routine is more efficient. Without good mental health and better time management, my physical health will not improve.

This was not a major reorganization (that will be for another day when I have real time!). But it was just enough to give me a "feel good" feeling. When I look at my slightly reorganized closet and drawers, I really do get a feeling like I have a new wardrobe. Clothes just look better when they are better organized.

This little re-org project was not planned. I mean, after a day of work, who wants to organize closets and drawers. But, I am glad I took the time to do it. I have much more work to do, but for now I feel good about my quick little reorganization project.

I am actually looking forward to tackling the major reorganization one weekend soon!

No comments: