Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Today I finished Week 2 of Insanity. After my workout, I met my Godsis, her husband and their darling son (just under 2months old) for brunch at Paschal's restaurant. I had never been to Paschal's for brunch, but I know from experience that the mac n' cheese and yams are awesome and also two of my FAVORITE dishes for the soul!

All the way to Paschal's I reminded myself that no matter what is on the buffet, I MUST make good choices. To my surprise, Paschal gave me a little help. The buffet was set up at one end of the bar area. One each side of the bar there is a very large mirror. Just before I picked up my plate (which are a very great, small sized--but folks did pile them high to make up for it), I turned and looked right in the mirror.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has gone from wearing XL to small? I couldn't resist. Forgive me.

Anyhoo, I did look in the mirror got a reminder glimpse that I have worked really hard to get to this stage of my journey. I worked really hard just a couple hours before during my Insanity session. I refused to blow it by "getting my money's worth" at the buffet.

With this reminder, I made excellent choices without feeling deprived--focusing on loading up half my plate with the yummy collard greens and having NO DESSERT! I drank lots of water, and left feeling delighted and satisfied--not stuffed.

Perhaps all buffets should have such mirrors!

While on the subject of buffets, Sweetie told me about an article he read that discussed how ridiculous the eating can get at buffets. The writer asked readers to imagine they were ordering straight from the menu all the things/quantity of food they get off the buffet. Pretty profound. Something definitely to be remembered!

No comments: