Sunday, February 5, 2012

Going Insane!

In a January 5, 2010 post, I vowed that I was STOPPING the INSANITY! I committed to breaking the cycle of getting close to my goals and then getting off track only to find myself gaining fat again!

While the journey has not always been straight since then, I am proud to say that I am now the fittest and leanest that I have ever been--probably in my life! Yet, I am still short of my goals. As I have confessed over the last month or so, I have not been putting in the work that I need to reach my goals--especially in the gym! With the clean eating, I am great during the week, but not so much on the weekends (another issue I have addressed on this blog--you really can blow a week of progress just on the weekend!).

Anyhoo, I have been hearing about Shaun T's Insanity program for a long time now.
http://www.beachbody.com/text/products/programs/insanity/popup_wht_control/shaun.html

Those that have committed to it have gotten great results. Now that I am on hiatus with training with a personal trainer, I need something to get me in gear! Just going to the gym, lifting, and getting on cardio machines just wasn't doing it for me (more like I wasn't doing what I needed to do on my own!). I needed to shake up things!

After speaking with a colleague who used Insanity to prepare for fantasy baseball training camp and shedded about 5% body fat in the process, I put out a request on Facebook to see if anyone had the Insanity Program that they wanted unload. A tennis pal of mine answered! She has recently totally changed her physique and looks great! Real live results-love it!

After a couple days of hesitation, I finally did the Fit Test this morning. Apparently lots of people have not survived the Fit Test. So, although I am in good shape, I still wasn't sure if I was ready to be humbled by Shaun T!

The Fit Test was indeed a CHALLENGE! But Shay Shay survived! I am thankful for the foundation I have built through my previous work with trainers (THANK YOU ALL). I am convinced the foundation is a must! Jumping into Insanity without some sort of fitness training foundation could be dicey!

Here is where I am:

1. Switch Kicks (2 Kicks=1 Rep): 56
2. Power Jacks: 54
3. Power Knees: 80
4. Power Jumps: 28
5. Globe Jumps: 6
6. Suicide Jumps: 14
7. Push-up Jacks: 15
8. Low Plank Oblique: 45

I am really glad that I got off my rump and plunged into Insanity this morning. I am looking forward to seeing the results!

P.S. I am no longer going to make the Arnold Sports Festival this year. My schedule just will not allow it, but I will make it there one year! When I do, I will look like I belong!

No comments: