Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just Some Good Ol' Fashion Honesty and Frustration

Things are actually going well with my running and tennis. I still am not getting to kettlebells as much as I would like, but I know I'll be able to get there a few times this week. Although I know I am getting fitter every day, I am still frustrated by the darn scale! I can't seem to shake the mid-150s to save my life!! I must say that this is FRUSTRATING!!! Yeah, I know it's not all about the numbers (heck, I am wearing size 8 slacks as I type! Two years ago, I would not have dreamed of getting back into a size 8). And, yeah, I am in the best shape of my life. And, yeah, I have more muscle mass now. But, I WANT TO GET OUT OF THE 150s, and I NEED to flatten out my back and get my obliques (aka for Shay Shay: the NOT so loving handles) in better shape if I'm going to debut that green bikini by Memorial Day weekend!! And, this is NOT just about Shay Shay's vanity issues. From a health standpoint, I really am still carrying a little too much fat for my age and height. So, losing pounds = losing fat (IF I KEEP UP THE STRENGTH TRAINING--CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE MUSCLE!!).


Okay, Shay Shay. Enough of the venting. I know what I need to do and how I need to do it! I just need to DO IT!!! Once again--the Three Cs: Commitment, Consistency, and Seeing Results! I'm committed to this, but I need to be more consistent with strength training (even while training for the half-marathon), and I know I WILL See Results!

Whew, now, I'm feeling better and ready to conquer!

No comments: