Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shay Shay is Still Taking this Journey One Consistent Day at a Time!

Now that I have won the Battle with The Crud, I'm am back on track toward consistency with clean eating and training--taking one day at a day. Each day has become a goal day: 1. Eat 4-6 clean meals a day, emphasis on protein and complex carbs; 2. train with either kettlebells or weights and half-marathon training or crossing training and tennis, as appropriate; 3. get 7-8 quality hours of sleep a night.

I had gained about 2 lbs over the last week and a half. It's not a dire circumstance, but 2 lbs gained is not part of the grand plan! I'm not discouraged or upset--just more motivated and determined to be consistent with my lifestyle.

Consistency really is the key for me now. My body has gotten use to eating pretty clean, so if I treat even just a little too much and don't incorporate enough consistent training--here comes the pounds. The good thing is that I know this about my body. I know how it reacts to certain conditions. But, knowledge in of itself is not truly empowering. Making positive changes with the knowledge is empowering!

Shay Shay is powering up, fired up, and ready to go!

No comments: