Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh How Sweet It Is!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

And a Sweet Day it is! Today, I did what I never thought I would ever do (but knew I had to if I'm going to be ready for the ING Georgia Half-Marathon). I ran for 1 hour 50 minutes; approximately 8 miles!!!!!!! Now, for many folks, this is not a big deal. But, for Shay Shay--it's a BIG SWEET DEAL!!! Prior to training for the ING Georgia I had never run more than 5 minutes! I used my bum ankles and sometimes annoying knees as an excuse.

But today, I hit the pavement, and I am really on my way to those 13.2 miles!!! I probably could have run more because the more I ran the better I felt; but heck, that's all the training plan had in store for me today and it is Valentine's Day. Now, don't get me wrong, there was a point around minute 40 that I thought about stopping for the day. It was getting darker, and I thought tomorrow morning would be brighter. I could just do the session in the morning. But, I stuck with it, and I'm SOOOO GLAD I DID!!

To top it all off, as I approached the front door at the completion of my run there was my Sweetie with a card and a big dose of kudos! I opened the card to the tunes of She's a Brick House by the oh so funky Commodores. It was PERFECT because today I really do feel like a "Brick House. . .Mighty, Mighty, letting it all hang out!"

No comments: