Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day! A New Season of Shay Shay!

Happy Labor Day!



I look back at my most recent post claiming that I would "Free Myself for Independence Day" and my first reaction is: "Here I go again! Another holiday, another declaration. Another post where I have to 'fess up that I haven't reached my goals." But, I am going to focus on the positive. Quite a bit has happened in the last couple months (not necessarily listed by level of importance):

1. My USTA team (I'm captain) made it to the City Finals! We came up short of full victory, but boy did we have an awesome run! I LOVE my team! My skills and confidence on the court are dramatically better than last year on the court. I am determined to Keep the Momentum Going!

2. By God's grace, I walked away from an attempted carjacking with just a scratch and as a bonus--they assailants only got away with my crackberry! A BLESSING INDEED! Psst-please don't tell my grandparents!

3. I was selected to join the Corporate Leadership Council of the Fernbank Natural History Museum--what an awesome place! This will be a great opportunity to network and get more involved in my community.

4. I have been traveling for work A LOT--a blessing to have a job and one that I really like! But, I am tired! I have been able to spend time with my family in between trips (Boston with Grandpa; my hometown of Surry at my parents new beautiful home), which has been priceless.

5. My Sweetie got a wonderful job opportunity, but in Florida. I miss him, but I am so VERY PROUD OF HIM! He's doing some awesome work!

6. I ate grasshoppers. Yep, first twigs and bark and now grasshopper tacos. I am a true foodie, so I'll try almost anything (in a restaurant-LOL!) once. The restaurant didn't try to disguise them in a bunch of sauce or anything. I could see exactly what I was eating. They weren't bad, but I don't have to order them again. I am just thankful for the experience.

So, as you can see, life has been great!

What hasn't been great, though, is what I mentioned when I started this post: I have not met my goals. The good thing is that I know exactly why. I have gotten soft when it comes to intensity of working out; I have gotten very lax with eating clean; so, my body is just responding accordingly!

So, as I embark on a new season-Fall (Don't you just love the Fall) and a new season of tennis-Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association (ALTA)(super competitive-I'm so excited to start Sunday!), I am also embarking on a new season of Shay Shay. I won't go into a lot of details about how I am going to step it up in the gym and get my eating habits in check (traveling is NOT an excuse). I've said it all before. I am just going to let the results speak for themselves.

Stay tuned!

No comments: