Friday, September 18, 2009

Keep Tracking and Keeping Focused

Happy Friday!

As I move into the weekend, I must keep focused and keep track. With just four full days of eating clean, working out diligently, and keeping track of what I eat, I already feel better and am seeing results!

Now, it's the start of the weekend. And, bad habits Friday-Sunday will lead to bad results Monday! So, Shay Shay must continue to keep track and keep focused!

In addition to keeping my food diary, I am also keeping track of the fattening foods I avoid and assessing a dollar value to them. I will put aside the money equivalent of what I avoided and use it to buy something when I reach my goal. I'm keeping a running list on this blog under my Goals section.

In just a few days of keeping track of what I have avoided, I have learned quite a bit:

1. I DO have WILL POWER!

2. It's so easy to eat something bad everyday. In isolation it seems like "oh it's just one "treat" and one day. But, then tomorrow comes and another treat tempts you. And BOOM! I've Gained 5 lbs--in one week!

3. Just because others indulge, I can be social and not indulge. Get some gum; drink some tea. Even if in shape friends indulge, you don't know what they are doing when they are not with you, so you can't compare your habits to what you see in that one moment. Stick to your guns and goals Shay Shay!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: