Saturday, October 17, 2009

Before There Was Shay Shay . . .

There was, is, and will always be Omia.

Omia is my maternal grandmother and my middle name. Close doesn't even begin to describe our relationship. MY grandma is awesome (emphasis on my because everyone wants to claim my grandma; Shay Shay CAN be selfish when it comes to Omia!)!

She's beyond sweet, super generous, very active and still wiling to try new things (despite arthritis and being almost 79 is slowing her down-a bit). Oh, and did I mention how she spoils me with homemade sweet potato biscuits, zucchini bread, and dill pickles (I am a foodie because of her and my mom). She also taught me to appreciate fresh fruit and vegetables, so that part of eating clean wasn't so hard to adopt.

Grandma also has quite the sense of humor! She is visiting this weekend. It's just the two of us. And I am enjoying having her with me so much! After a nice day at the Fernbank Museum, Grandma and I returned home to rest and watch movies. One movie's character wore a dress showing LOTS of cleavage. Grandma says, "I didn't know it was the style to wear your stuff all out like that. At your mom's birthday party [her friend] had on a blouse low cut like that. I told your mom she should tell her that her buttons were loose. I sure am glad your momma told me that it was the style of the blouse before I said something myself."

I just laughed and laughed! These are the moments are cherish.

Well, the sweet potatoes have been boiled for biscuits tomorrow. I just had my last piece of zucchini bread for the night.

Back to movies and moments. . . I am Omia loving my dear Omia!

No comments: