Thursday, October 1, 2009

Eat Your Veggies, Shay Shay!

On my way to work Monday, my stomach decided to punish me. Without sharing TOO much, let's just say I was very uncomfortable--the sharp pains were almost unbearable! The only thing I could put on my stomach without slumping over was my trusty Ezekiel bread!

By Tuesday afternoon I figured out what could be wrong. After reviewing my food journal, I realized that there was something missing--dark, leafy greens!

So, Wednesday morning I got up and fixed an egg white omelet full of dark, leafy, fresh spinach. Coupled with my Ezekiel toast and fruit spread with no added sugar, I had one tasty breakfast to start my day.

And OH THE RELIEF! I started to feel better and feel my system correcting itself almost immediately. I threw in some dark, leafy lettuce for lunch and dinner too and had another spinach omelet this morning.

I'm looking forward to a pain free rest of the week. Thank goodness for food journals!

No comments: