Friday, April 2, 2010

No Place Like Home: My Gym

There is really no excuse NOT to workout while traveling. Hotels are equipped with basic cardio and strength equipment, and my legs and arms can function as its own gym without any equipment at all.

Yet, after a great workout at my local gym and seeing my morning crew this morning, I must declare: There is NO PLACE like my hometown gym! I realized this morning that the familiar faces force me to crank it up a notch in a way that the strangers at Hotel X can't.

I'm one of those folks who feeds off others in the gym. I'm not as effective alone at home, and now I know that I am not as effective feeling alone in a lonely hotel gym. It's just not the same.

While I won't stop working out while traveling and will try to increase the intensity while away, I will make sure that I make the most out of my hometown gym.

There is just no place like home-gym!

Happy Good Friday!

I am Shay Shay Fit and Happy to be Home!

2 comments:

Myra said...

I forgot to tell you I joined that gym up in DC and Houston so you can come in and try to find me and work out while you're there...

Shay Shay said...

LOL! I'll be sure to do that. :-)