Sunday, January 8, 2012

Let the Hard Work Begin!

I just got back from an exciting weekend to celebrate my godbrother who played in the U.S. Army All-American Game for outstanding senior football athletes. My mom, a few other supporters of my godbrother and I had a wonderful time in San Antonio. My godbrother was named Captain and had a really great showing on the field. He's such a great young man. I am really proud of him. It was a real pleasure to meet and see all the young athletes on and off the field. I was truly inspired. I know they have worked hard to get to this point. I wish them all nothing but HUGE SUCCESS!

The great thing about San Antonio is the River WALK! I emphasize "walk" because we didn't need a car or cab the whole weekend! The weather was great and we could walk EVERYWHERE we needed! I was in heaven! There is nothing like some good weather, good company, and nice walks! A little exercise with no effort--SWEET!

We had some good food too. I indulged, but didn't go too crazy. I know I have some goals to meet, and gosh darn it, I'm going to meet them!

So, tomorrow starts my next phase that I shared in the previous post. I am excited about the results I will see because I know they're going to be great if I stick to plan and put in the effort.

My new stash of quest bars arrived, my trampoline is here, and now I'm just waiting on my new cooler to arrive Tuesday.

I'm cooking up chicken and salmon now. I have veggies already done with more in the fridge to prepare. I won't wait for the cooler to pack up my good, clean eats tomorrow. But I can't wait to pack it up Tuesday night (going to try to start preparing my cooler the night before!).

Here goes! I'm really excited!

No comments: