Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving is Over; So Now It's On!!!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I sure did. It was awesome to spend time with my family and catch up with my dear friends from childhood at some local spots that we thought would NEVER exist in our little ol' town (shout out to La Hacienda (margaritas and karaoke not too shabby) and the "club" at the Farmhouse Restaurant (it was like a high school reunion-I LOVED IT!).

And, I can't say enough about Grandma's homemade sweet potato biscuits, and Mom made slamming homemade rolls (yep, I'm a bread fan indeed!). The weather was pretty good too, so I actually managed to log in some miles while away (running on the boardwalk by the beach--does it get any better; also got to get cracking on this Half Marathon Training so lounging on the couch really wasn't an option!). By the way, Shay Shay has never been a jogger/runner, but I tested myself and I actually ran! I surprised myself! See what we can do when we just push ourselves!

If you haven't checked out my Updated Goals list, you will see that I fell 4 lbs shy of my 10 lb goal for November. Am I disappointed--NOT AT ALL! I aimed high, knowing that my effort would lead to some good results. With my birthday and Thanksgiving, I am actually proud of Shay Shay's effort. I'm learning that the keys to setting goals are: 1. Aim High--shoot for what you think is impossible and see what great results will occur; 2. Be Specific; 3. Have a timeframe by which to measure success. With these 3 principles, I have revised my goal list. With Christmas less than a month away, and new goals to push toward, I am ready to push it to the limit!

I can't wait to see what I will accomplish.

Stay tuned . . .

No comments: