Monday, January 12, 2009

Shay Shay, Where Are You??!!!!

It's been a whole week since I've taken time to write. Silence definitely doesn't mean Shay Shay is not working toward goals. So, what's been going on with Shay Shay!?!


The 3 Cs


I have read that a Seattle Mariners outfielder once said that he had 3 Cs: Comfortable, Confident, and Seeing the Ball Well. Ha! Ha!


Well Shay Shay has 3 Cs too: Commitment, Consistency, and Seeing Results!

Commitment: During my last post I expressed my renewed commitment to my journey toward optimal health and fitness. I really have set my eyes on the prize and have a new focus that I have not experienced before.

Consistency: I am taking each day at a time. Last week I made time to consistently train for the half marathon and tennis and also got in a few kettlebell sessions. I made time to cook new clean meals (with the help of my Sweetie) and made good clean choices at restaurants when I had a social outing --sticking to what amounted to one treat meal for the week. Importantly, I got in some quality sleep each night.

Seeing Results: I am down 2 lbs this week. I am logging in good time on my training runs, and I am breathing really well. I have endurance on the tennis court that I have never had before. For instance, tonight. I finished up a make-up third set tie-break set (we were rained out Saturday). We fell short of the win (my partner and I fought hard until the end), but that's not the point. After the match, my wonderful partner and I played two of our teammates that came out to support us. During one point, I returned a serve on the Deuce side, ran to the Ad side and returned the ball, and then ran back to the Deuce side and returned the ball again. Okay, so you had to be there to get it, but all Shay Shay is saying is that I am now able to run all over the court and make good shots and still keep going, ready for more! What a high being fit brings!

So, I'm going to keep up with the 3 Cs or more accurately, the 2 Cs and 1 See. It is true that nothing really ever taste as good as being fit and lean feels. I am confident that I will get back to my pre-Christmas weight by next Monday--never to return there again FOR REAL THIS TIME! I have been to that weight, vowed to keep up the weight loss momentum (because I'm not at my goal yet) and to never return to that weight ever again, too many times over the last 6 months--CONSISTENCY is KEY). I am also confident that I will keep making strides on the tennis courts, the treadmill/streets, and in the gym.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Shay Shay, I can still see the picture of you running from the duece to the ad side. You were like a bolt of black lightning :). I can't even remember who won that point I was so amazed and laughing so hard.

Peace
Renee

Shay Shay said...

We won that point! LOL!!!