Thursday, January 22, 2009

This is Just Too Funny to Shay Shay

I was reading my the online version of my favorite fitness magazine, Oxygen, and came across something that just made me bust my gut! Here is a tip for resisting temptation:

Shake it baby

“When you want a cookie, shake your head ‘No’ 100 times,” says Ahava Spillman, a motivational speaker based in Toronto, Ontario. “If you’re tempted to eat something even more delectable, like a piece of cheesecake, jump up and down 50 times instead. Not only will you burn calories doing the activity, you’ll also convince yourself to stay away from those fatty foods.”

Okay, they must be kidding right?!! Can you imagine what you would do if you are in the mall food court or in a restaurant and someone just starts shaking their head non-stop or starts jumping up and down. And what happens when you want both the cookie and the cheesecake? Hmmm, how much weight will one lose when she is committed to a facility for the insane?

Anyhoo, training and eating is going pretty well this week. I had a great treat meal at one of my favorite ATL spots. Fried Green Tomatoes with Goat Cheese, Crab Cake, Corn Bread Muffins, Sweet Potato Fries (and I don't think these weren't baked!)--OH MY! But, I am realizing that Shay Shay's stomach just can't hold what it use to--not a bad thing.

Well, it's 9 PM. Time to get ready for bed. Shay Shay HAS to get her rest. The 5 AM workout will be here before I know it.

No comments: