Boy did 2008 fly! Instead of reflecting on the 3 holiday pounds I gained (because they will not be around for long), I am going to reflect on my successes for 2008 and look forward to an even more successful 2009.
1. I am DOWN over 31 lbs, 10 % body fat, and 10 inches off my waist since New Years 2008. In 2009, I will lose at least 10 % more body fat.
2. I am in so much better shape. Yesterday, I put in 45 minutes in the kettlebell gym; played tennis for about two hours, and danced (I mean I really shook my groove thang!) for hours as I rang in 2009--and I still had lots of energy when it was time to shut it down for the evening! This morning, I woke up and hit the gym. Trust, did not happen in 2008. Oh, and I met my goal of doing 30 boy push-ups!
3. I took more "before" pictures yesterday, and my body has changed dramatically! There's much work to do, but I barely recognize the person of early 2008. In 2009, I will post "after pictures".
4. People are now using "skinny" and Shannon in the same sentence. Great to hear, but I in 2009, I will transform from skinny fat to lean and muscular (and super sexy!).
5. People have told me that I have inspired them to get healthier and lose weight. In 2009, I will work to continue to encourage and support my friends, families, and those I meet on this journey of Losing Fat and Winning in Life.
Happy New Year!