Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year! and Stopping the Insanity!

Well, I think today is the last day I can say Happy New Year without sounding too lame!

Several people have asked me if I had New Year's resolutions. Answer: NO!

What I do have is a body that is not at goal! Not only am I not at goal, I am not even as close as I was just seven (7) months ago! And for seven (7) months I've been "getting back on track" only to get farther and farther away from my goal. I actually hesitated being so honest about this failure, but the proof is in the closet. And in the dressing room. And in the pictures. You get my drift!

So, what is Shay Shay going to do about it!?!?!

I am going to STOP THE INSANITY! I'm going to stop doing the same thing and expecting a different result!

1. Training with a trainer again. I first noticed my goals slipping away when I stopped working with my trainer who obviously had other stuff going on such that he could not commit to the training program we had agreed upon. But, I can't blame him. This is my Life and my Journey. I have to control it!

So, this morning I started having formal training again. It was TOUGH and GREAT all at the same time! I am sore as I type, but it's that nice kind of sore that reminds you that you accomplished something that was good for you today. I'm looking forward to consistent training and will make sure I keep a trainer in my fitness world!

2. Stop all the Food Compromises and Setting Dates to Get Back on Track! Every time I get to a place where I say, "I'm really making great progress; I'm going to get to my goal" I start the food compromises. The series of compromises turn into just plain ol' bad eating and then I say, I am going to get through to Date X and then back on track! ENOUGH! I am not crazy enough to think I will never eat something that is less than clean. I am not crazy enough to even think that I shouldn't indulge from time to time. But, I when I do indulge, I need to savor the moment and MOVE ON to restored clean eating with the very next food opportunity.

And that's it. 1-2; 1-2. I am not going to focus on a bunch of different things. If I just do these two (2) things, I will reach my goal!

Stay tuned . . .

No comments: