Monday, March 15, 2010

Figuring Out this Journey

Recall my Friday post where I reminded myself not to get content and lose momentum toward my fitness goals.

I am happy to say, that this weekend I showed myself that I am serious about reaching my goals. I did not eat any junk, and I worked out Saturday and Sunday, including getting in some additional strength training for the week.

I have figured out that while dining out with my Sweetie, family, and friends may be special moments, they are not always special occasions. To be successful on this journey, I cannot make exceptions for "cheat/treats" just because I am being social. I love spending time with my Sweetie and my wonderful family and friends and want to spend time with them every chance I get. But I'll be 200 lbs if I indulged in fat and sugar laden meals every time we fellowship! It's the moments that I look forward to now, not just the meals.

Shay Shay is a work in progress, but I'm making progress! For this I am excited and motivated!

Happy Monday and Have an Awesome Week!

No comments: