Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Few of My Favorite (Food) Things

As I have been trying to eat cleaner, I am reminded of some of the foods and dishes that I have grown to love on this journey and of new foods that I am glad I have discovered. So, to all those folks who think I eat twigs and bark look at what I really do eat and enjoy:

--baked sweet potatoes
--quinoa
--tamari flavored tofu and veggies with multigrain biscuit (Thumbs Up Diner--my favorite breakfast spot)
--greek yogurt (plain) with cinnamon and blueberries
--pears
--cherries
--warm old fashioned oatmeal in the morning with mashed bananas (and flaxseed and bee pollen-but these are twigs and bark like I guess)
--hearty homemade bean soups and stews
--homemade trailmix with apricots, raisins, raw nuts and seeds
--Flatout Wraps (thanks for the introduction Anna Mae!)
--Hummus and Stacey's pita chips (but not too many chips!)
--spinach--for breakfast (egg white scramble), lunch, or dinner
--grilled cheese (I only use 3 or 4 cubes of cheese) and tomato on Ezekiel bread
--green tea (it's so cold, so this does the body good on so many levels!)
--Bison burgers--but only at the right spot--Ted's Montana Grill is a good spot
--Indian vegetarian dishes--especially garbanzo beans with whole wheat roti or naan

These are just a few things. I'm a foodie. I can't deny. So, I just have to continue to figure out ways to satisfy my love of a good meal with my desire to look great!

No comments: