Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mission Accomplished: USTA City Champions!


We Did It! The McGhee Super Slammers are City Champions!!!! Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day in the ATL and an AWESOME day for TENNIS!



My wonderful team: the McGhee Super Slammers (3.0 Business Women) left it all on the courts with a 4-1 victory over our division mates. The matches were tough, but we were tougher!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: We're going to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in May!!

Excited can't even describe what I am feeling. This team has come full circle: losing in the Semi-Finals in Winter 2008-09 and losing in the Finals in Summer 2009. But Winter 2009-10 was OUR SEASON! We endured harsh winter conditions, make-up matches galore, and traveling long distances for play-off matches. We knew we could do it and we did!

I LOVE YOU McGhee Super Slammers! I am honored to be a part of you! I look forward to hitting the courts with you at the STATE in 14 Weeks!

Let's Prepare our Minds and Bodies and Get Ready to Have Some Fun!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations, captain! You did an awesome job leading the team and I personally thank you for making me feel so welcome! I love being a part of the McGhee Super Slammers and can't wait to serve it up at states!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey