Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thanks for the Accountability!

This morning, after some cardio and a tough upper body workout, I came home and packed my bag for an evening workout. I left work all motivated to get in some good cardio and BRAKE: no gym bag in the car!

I called my buddy Reesey Cup (her last name is Reese; she doesn't eat much candy) to share my disappointment that I couldn't make it to the gym. She and I often meet each other at the gym and hold each other accountable. Like a true fitness accountability buddy, she immediately said, "Ah, why can't you go to Target?" Right. I get it. If I want to work out, there are really no excuses!

I actually had a pair of my tennis shoes and socks in my tennis bag, so all I really needed were a pair of shorts and top. Instead of Target, I went to the sports store next door to the gym. Low and behold: A big ol' clearance rack. I not only got a good deal, I got shorts and a top that I will wear again with no problem!

I got in some quality cardio, and I sit hear thankful that I have Reesey Cup to hold me accountability.

Time to retire for the evening. A morning workout awaits!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I'm scared of you ... and Reesey Cup!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey (Lolo)